TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum

TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS
LE N: 1/160, LE HO: 1/87, LE O: 1/48 ainsi que les voies étroites qui découlent de ces échelles

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Engine and Pump
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum -> MODELRAILROADING -> SCENERY
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mar - 01:00 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

I wanted to get an idea how the gate valves would look in my Pump House so I just stuck them into the building "any ol' way". Heck .. the toothpicks approximate the size of the piping that will go in anyway ..

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:02 (2011); édité 1 fois
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mar - 01:00 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
cail

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mar - 11:42 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Excellent work, a great inspiration for me Okay

jean soukiassian

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mar - 23:14 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

With paint and weathering, that's look good, Okay Okay waiting now for the piping, Mr. Green
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mar - 23:21 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Me too. They shipped it yesterday so will be here by Saturday possibly .. and Monday for sure. In the meantime ... am starting on my Coke Oven bank .. quite a bit larger .. over 40" length!
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 27 Mar - 17:03 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Got in my Plastruct piping the other day and have been playing with it. Ended up gluing the structure to the foundation as I kept breaking stuff. Meh. Now .. it's like stuffing a turnip into a sausage casing.

Here I'm test fitting the discharge side of the pump .. gate valves and piping running out of the building ..

Here's where I am right now. About the only thing left before painting is some bracing under the pipe .. some channel to support that heavy gate valve hanging in the air.

A quick peek through the window and loading dock door tells me that some weathering is needed. I have some Doc O'Brien's weathering powders that I shall put to good use.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:06 (2011); édité 1 fois
Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 27 Mar - 19:34 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

lovely
a great combination of colors texture wheels gears

If you only do what you always do, you only get where you always get.
Henry Ford
jean soukiassian

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 27 Mar - 21:12 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

A nice weathering, some bracing, and it should be : Okay don't forgot the grease on the pinion..... Mr. Green ,
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Mar - 00:56 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Christophe, Jean .. thank you. Jean, yes, after bracing etc. I will start weathering. Grease on pinion .. thanks for the reminder!
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mar - 00:52 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Pretty much have finished plumbing the pump house. I worked on that today off and on .. while doing some 1:1 renovating (putting in floor in bedroom). Bear with me .. going to talk a bit about the layout here. Anyone not interested .. jump ahead to the 'pretty' pictures! Smile

Here's a top-over view. That slight shine I *think* is from the light I used to take the photo. It might be a sheen from the oil wash. If so .. either it will go away or I will fix it .. whatever. Smile

For anyone interested in the plumbing .. here's my take (meaning .. in 'my world' .. which is not necessarily the same as the 'real world')

At the bottom is the Oil Engine. They called them that .. "Compression Ignition Engines" ..

The duplex pump sits directly above it in the photo with a clutch between them. Note: You couldn't start the engine under load (pump) .. hence .. the clutch.

The red thing (rusty) sticking up to the right of the pump is the Air Chamber. You will see something very similar on your cold and hot war in the laundry room. Since water doesn't compress you can get "water hammer" .. where the pipes vibrate, shake, rumble etc. The Air Chambers act as shock-absorbers (air compresses) to stop that. Anti-Hammer devices.

Immediately to the right and below the Air Chamber is the pump manifold. It has flanged connections at both ends ... intake on bottom and output on top.

Lower right we have two gate valves. You probably can't see it, but the upper gate valve is open (stem raised). That one feeds the water tank (the water tank will sit about 40 ft above the Coke Ovens so the stand-pipe can supply about 20 psi pressure. The lower gate valve supplies the Coke Ovens directly (donno .. suppose the tank is 'broken').

On top we see a line from the manifold (intake) curving over and through the floor to the intake below the pump house.

The third gate valve just above this is for a bypass to pump the water back into the river. This was done for two reasons .. (1) If the pump is running and you don't want to feed either of the two lines on the bottom (testing?) and (2) .. it just adds to the plumbing and I can have a rusty pipe sticking out of the side of the building!

The fireplace I doubt would be used .. I guess the heat might cause problems .. ?? (remember, this pump house originally had a steam pump so was arranged diff).

A look through the opening where the double-doors for the loading dock will go. Oops. See I left a 'schmeer' of 'Rub and Buff' on the flywheel ..

Front door and window. Will start on the platform, stairs, walkway, doors etc.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:09 (2011); édité 1 fois
Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mar - 04:45 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

With explications Okay Okay Okay
can't wait to see ovens and all the complex at this level of detailing and realism

Henry Ford
Gérard R.

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mar - 08:14 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Good working Okay
jean soukiassian

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mar - 20:40 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Very clear with the explanations, good job, Okay Okay Okay
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 30 Mar - 21:21 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

I was playing around with CombineZM which is a free version of Helicon. Pretty easy to use but by the time the filesize is reduced to post here not sure if you can see any difference ..

Photo taken with Auto-Focus

Photo created with CombineZM. The stack consisted of 6 photos. Note that the program got a little confused .. at the very bottom and far left there is a strip that is .. reversed I think .. that simply has to be 'sliced off' the tweaked photo.

eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Mai - 19:06 (2011)    Sujet du message: 3d Gate valve prints Répondre en citant

This is sooooo Cool! Had my gate valves 3d printed ..

Refer back to the 6" Gate Valves I made by hand ..

I uploaded the original Sketchup drawing I had done as a .stl file to Shapeways. This is their rendering on the website

.. and this is them printed. I didn't try to model the bolt heads as the 'plan' was to use NBW glued on. Thinking I may go back and see if I can add them to the next print. Still .. all I need is a #000-120 threaded screw and a handwheel and .. I may be prejudiced but the WOW factor is something else. IMO. Smile

In this extreme close-up the layering is visible. It's exaggerated somewhat as I sharpened the photo but I image a coat of primer/paint will go a long way to smooth that out. (layering is from the printing. Think of a ink-jet printer that has a head that also moves vertically. They spray a layer of acrylic polymer .. then use UV light to harden it. Head moves up and next layer).

Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Mai - 20:14 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Excellent Edward
What kind of printer did you used for this part
can you telle me more about 3D printing Embarassed

Henry Ford
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum -> MODELRAILROADING -> SCENERY Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 sur 3

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation