TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum

TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS
LE N: 1/160, LE HO: 1/87, LE O: 1/48 ainsi que les voies étroites qui découlent de ces échelles

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Engine and Pump
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum -> MODELRAILROADING -> SCENERY
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 14:13 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

I model in O scale (On30) and I am building a pump house. I needed an engine and pump. I found a photo of a double-plunger pump driven by a gas engine. This became my guide. I wanted to make something that generally resembles the machinery. Since this will be sitting inside the pump house and visible only through windows and doors it is to more like suggest the machinery then be a fine scale model.

I used Evergreen styrene to construct the body of the engine and pump. The red piston cylinder is cut from an electrical connector ...

Worked continued with the pump. I used Tichey nut/bolts ...

This is the pump manifold. The flange on top will be where the air cylinder mounts. On the ends are the intake and outlets for the water. One side will be capped off while I will run pipe from the others.

Here, I am nearing completion. The gear is a slice of a gear from a VCR. The center with the 'arms' is a clock gear with the teeth filed off. To weather the machinery I used the hair-spray technique.

Finally, some photos of the 'mostly' completed machinery. I added a clutch between the pump and engine. Some small parts will be added later .. piping, intake and exhaust and so on. The small gears are from alarm clocks. The flywheel is made from the tire of a HO locomotive with the flange filed off and arms made from styrene.

For a size comparison, the machinery with an American penny ..

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 17:48 (2011); édité 2 fois
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 14:13 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
starbuck
Invité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 18:25 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 19:00 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

From a guy who loves industry machine gears etc...

What kind of complex this pump house will be implanted Question

If you only do what you always do, you only get where you always get.
Henry Ford
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 19:22 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Christopher. I have the build on my forum -> http://www.etraxx.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32

I am in fact working on it today and will be posting updates. Here is an earlier version just sitting on my layout (not glued yet)

Since that time when I made the pump and engine I added between them a clutch. That made the machinery too long for the old pump house so I am expanding it. Here is my Sketchup drawing of what is to be ..

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 17:52 (2011); édité 1 fois
Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 19:53 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

That's excellent Edward I really love the texture on this building also your rocks around looks terrible Smile
Pour tout le monde voici comment Edward fait ses rochers à méditer Arrow http://www.etraxx.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31

Henry Ford
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Mar - 20:04 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Ahh .. my foam rock tutorial. I was amazed at how easy it was to make these rough rocks so simply ..
cail

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Mar - 14:44 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Very interesting project, add to my favorites Smile

eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Mar - 21:06 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

A little progress on the pump house. I am working on some small things - the 6" gate valves while waiting for supplies to come from Plastruct (I ordered pipe fittings).

Here is a good view of the cement block extension. If you look back at the earlier version of the pump house you can see that much of the lower portion will be hidden by rock .. so I did not waste the cement block material on that. I forget to add window sills so I am now thinking how to do this. I also need to add stains from water and dirt on the cement wall.

When the extension was added the old wall was broken and removed. You can also see that there is a 'dog leg' in the rear wall where the cement block meets the brick. This is because the brick and the cement wall do not come out even with the mortar joints. This kind of compromise is common I think. Is that term used in France? .. 'dog leg' .. it means where the wall jogs to the right.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 17:54 (2011); édité 1 fois
Christophe LC.
Administrateur
Administrateur

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Mar - 22:09 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Really nice texture, weathering, looks real

Henry Ford
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 15 Mar - 16:42 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

I am planning to plumb the structure. I have some pipe fittings coming from Plastruct for 1/8" tubing (which scales about half-way between 5" and 6" pipe in O scale). In the meantime, I have a need for some ~6' Gate Valves. I ordered some #000-120 screws which came in yesterday so I have everything except the hand-wheel. I have some HO rail cars around somewhere .. I am thinking that the brake-wheels might work.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 17:58 (2011); édité 1 fois
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 15 Mar - 23:02 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Started assembly .. (those are mini-clothespins)

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 17:59 (2011); édité 1 fois
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Mar - 01:08 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Now comes the part where you wait patiently for the cement to completely set up. I still need to add the two supports between the body and the .. collar/packing. Still haven't found the HO railcars I have .. was hoping I can use the HO brake-wheel for the gate valve hand-wheel.

Paint .. hmmm. Wonder if modulation at this size would work? Smile

Had to use two #000-120 screws for each gate valve since .. I DID find #000-120 All-Thread .. but at $55 for 12" .. I can live with the two screws and any slight misalignment .. Ha

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:00 (2011); édité 1 fois
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Mar - 03:28 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Well .. the way I see it .. gate valves should scale up and down. The body, stem, bolts .. would all basically scale up or down as pipe size changes. SO .. these could be 20" gate valves!

Anyhoo. Pretty much finished. Let the cement set overnight. I will slightly radius the tops of the braces where they attach to the screw support (whatever that thing is .. screw collar?) and lightly sand (600 grit) any 'dangles' of styrene.

I will cut off the valve stem on two of the gate valves as these represent a 'rising-stem' gate valve and with the valve opened the stem should protrude about 1/8" (6" valve). When closed the stem will barely protrude past the hand wheel. That means I need handwheels first .. then 'snick' off any excess stem.

Gotta admin .. pretty happy with how they came out. Looking forward to painting them.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:01 (2011); édité 1 fois
jean soukiassian

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Mar - 22:01 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Nice work, Okay Okay
eTraxx

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Mar - 22:17 (2011)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump Répondre en citant

Thanks Jean.

Here's the finished gate valves. Mounted on toothpicks Smile .. one is open (stem extended) and the other two are closed.

Dernière édition par eTraxx le Mer 13 Avr - 18:02 (2011); édité 1 fois
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 01:06 (2016)    Sujet du message: Engine and Pump

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TEAM TRACK : FOR ALL MODELRAILROADERS Index du Forum -> MODELRAILROADING -> SCENERY Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation